Vision and ethos
Opening horizons to enable and guide children to fulfil their true potential.
In fellowship, we encourage everyone to flourish in relationships within the community and focus on building the qualities of each individual character.
With trust, we allow children to develop confidence, faith and wisdom so they will understand that their voices will be heard by others and God.
Through respect, we treat each person as a unique individual of inherent worth, taking the time to reflect and celebrate our varied achievements.
We build compassion through showing empathy for all living things and valuing the qualities of character which help others to flourish.
At Northiam Primary School we help children to develop:
- Lively, enquiring minds and a love of learning; the ability to question, to argue rationally and to think for them selves
- The ability to work hard and to succeed at tasks: to work independently and with other people
- A sense of self respect, self confidence and self reliance: an awareness of and sensitivity to the needs of others
- The knowledge, skills and practical abilities they will need throughout their lives, at work and play, in a fast moving world
- A reasoned set of personal attitudes, values and beliefs, an understanding of the world and their place in it: a respect for the religious and moral values of others.
Please click on the link to see Diocese of Chichester live services: