Parents are asked to book lunches via the platform ParentPay. Children have the choice of a main meal, a vegetarian alternative or a jacket potato. Bookings have to be made before 8.30 of the day your child requires lunch.
Payment for school lunches will be made at the time of booking, which enables parents and children to choose from day-to-day what their child would like to eat.
Lunches at Northiam C of E primary are provided by Chartwells, who are part of the Compass Food Group. Chartwells food services team are proud to serve millions of nutritious, fun and tasty meals to students in schools across the UK.
We can provide alternatives for children with allergies to particular foods as long as we know in advance and in writing. In order to ensure you get this special diet menu choices, we ask you to complete the special diet menu form with medical evidence which can be submitted to Chartwells.
Please also note that, as from September, 2014, all children in Reception, Year 1, and Year 2, are entitled to a free hot meal daily. There are no additional forms to fill out to receive this entitlement. However, if you meet the following criteria, you can apply for additional Pupil Premium funding for your child (currently £1,300 per child) that will be used by the school to support your child:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please see attached the menu for Chartwells for Spring 2021